The new digital projection systems from ams OSRAM Automotive Lighting Systems (AMLS) offer a wide range of vehicle design options and numerous possibilities for interior and exterior customization.
With its digital projection systems, ams OSRAM AMLS transforms the vehicle into a "living room on wheels" and its surroundings into an interactive canvas for functional and impressive light scenarios. In doing so, AMLS creates the basis for completely new and unique vehicle designs and offers a wide range of possibilities for displaying individual content - from static motifs and patterns to dynamic videos, both inside and outside the vehicle.
- Digital projection module with DMD technology, integrated electronics and video signal processing (e.g. via on-board memory)
- DMD chip in different performance levels:
- 0.2 inch DMD (Texas Instruments DLP® 2021) with 588 x 330 pixels
- 0.3 inch DMD (Texas Instruments DLP® 3031) with 854 x 480 pixels
- Optical output: 25-200 lm (e.g. 150 lm for headliner projection application)
- High-frequency modulation of the mirrors for smooth reproduction of images and video sequences
- LIN bus available up to Ethernet communication
- LED driver for controlling white or RGB LEDs
- Video content from internal memory (data update possible) or live streaming option
- Depending on the application, the best compromise between dynamics and system costs
“Digital projections enable a welcome scenario that accompanies the driver all the way into the vehicle's interior - into her or his 'living room on wheels', so to speak. Impressive DMD projections, whether on the dashboard or the headliner, provide a real wow effect.”
Below you can download the press release on ams OSRAM AMLS digital projection systems as well as the images shown above. Please make sure to credit the "Source: ams OSRAM Automotive Lighting Systems" when using the images.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our digital projection systems, our press team will be happy to assist you:
Head of Communications, Marketing & Brand
Phone: +49 89 4132-60120